Crews tackle ‘accidental’ fire in Exmouth

PUBLISHED: 09:54 24 April 2017

Archant

Fire crews were called out to an ‘accidental’ kitchen fire last week in Exmouth.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue services were called out to Bapton Lane, at 8.16pm on Friday, April 21, to tackle the blaze which left two people needing treatment for smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for the emergency services said: “The cause was accidental.

“Upon arrival crews confirmed fire within ground floor kitchen of domestic property, crews set to work to extinguish the fire using four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one covering jet, thermal image camera and positive pressure ventilation.

“The kitchen was severely damaged by the fire and the remainder of the property was heavily smoke damaged.

“Two casualties were treated on scene by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal