Crews called to fire in Exmouth town centre
PUBLISHED: 12:01 29 September 2016 | UPDATED: 12:01 29 September 2016
Fire crews were called out this morning (Thursday) to reports of a fire at a home in Rolle Street.
Fire crews were called out last Thursday, September 29, to reports of a fire at a home in Rolle Street.
A fire appliance was sent to the incident at 10.27am following a call from the occupant of some flats, who could smell burning but could not find any signs of fire.
Crews found that the shop below the flats was smoke logged, and quickly located the source of the smoke as one of the flats above. They found food had been left unattended in an oven, but was out on arrival.
After making the area safe, firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
There were no injuries. Fire safety advice was given.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.