CANCELLED – Budleigh Music Festival the latest event affected by coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton’s music festival has been cancelled due to the ‘rapidly changing’ circumstances surrounding coronavirus.
Artists were booked, the brochure was ‘print ready’ and organisers were looking forward to welcoming large audiences to their new-look festival which was set to open on July 10.
However, organisers were forced to cancel due to the escalating spread of Covid-19.
A spokesman for the Budleigh Music Festival said: “Despite all these preparations, and in solidarity with many other cultural organisations throughout the world, the trustees of the festival have decided that they must cancel the Budleigh Music Festival for 2020.
“We are, of course, very sad to have to take this decision, but we know you will appreciate that in the light of the current situation, there is no alternative.”
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already being put in place for the return of the festival in 2021 and ‘one or two’ events could be held later this year.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities