Couple have garden lights taken
AN ELDERLY couple said they are deeply upset after decorative lights were stolen from their garden. Jack Walker and his wife Silvia had the lights taken from their property on Rodney Close, Littleham, at the weekend. Eighty-one-year-old Jack said: I us
AN ELDERLY couple said they are 'deeply upset' after decorative lights were stolen from their garden.
Jack Walker and his wife Silvia had the lights taken from their property on Rodney Close, Littleham, at the weekend.
Eighty-one-year-old Jack said: "I used to be called 'happy Jack' around Exmouth but I'm not that happy now!
"I had just got my garden looking lovely. It is an awful shame."
You may also want to watch:
Jack said he had one of the small lights taken on Saturday, May 9, and a further four were taken the following day. He said they were worth between �20 and �30 in value.
"I do not live in an area that is susceptible to crime. What has happened has upset both me and my wife.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
"We try to live our life and be no trouble at all and this is the kind of thing that happens."
If you have any information contact Exmouth Police on 01395 226131.