Couple have garden lights taken
AN ELDERLY couple said they are deeply upset after decorative lights were stolen from their garden. Jack Walker and his wife Silvia had the lights taken from their property on Rodney Close, Littleham, at the weekend. Eighty-one-year-old Jack said: I us
AN ELDERLY couple said they are 'deeply upset' after decorative lights were stolen from their garden.
Jack Walker and his wife Silvia had the lights taken from their property on Rodney Close, Littleham, at the weekend.
Eighty-one-year-old Jack said: "I used to be called 'happy Jack' around Exmouth but I'm not that happy now!
"I had just got my garden looking lovely. It is an awful shame."
Jack said he had one of the small lights taken on Saturday, May 9, and a further four were taken the following day. He said they were worth between �20 and �30 in value.
"I do not live in an area that is susceptible to crime. What has happened has upset both me and my wife.
- 1 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 2 Budleigh youngsters impress in their first outing of 2022
- 3 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 4 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 5 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 6 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 7 Plastic Free Exmouth reflect on a busy year for the group
- 8 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 9 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 10 Cash grants on offer to Exmouth youth support groups
"We try to live our life and be no trouble at all and this is the kind of thing that happens."
If you have any information contact Exmouth Police on 01395 226131.