Councillor 'no show' could affect Town Hall status
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to apologise for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council s future status as one of the best in the west.
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to 'apologise' for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council's future status as one of the best in the west.
In the recent town council minutes, ward members were urged to ring in to register any absences - because it could affect their Quality Council Status.
The accolade, the first in East Devon, is a new Government initiative to recognise Town and Parish Councils who prove that they are competent and professionally managed in a bid to raise standards.
Exmouth Town Council was the first Town/Parish in the East Devon District to gain the award and within the first 15 in the country - but the status is periodically reviewed.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors were reminded in the minutes dated September 7: "If you can not attend please telephone in your apologies as non-attendance and no apologies could affect future Quality Council applications.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 10 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice