Councillor 'no show' could affect Town Hall status
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to apologise for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council s future status as one of the best in the west.
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to 'apologise' for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council's future status as one of the best in the west.
In the recent town council minutes, ward members were urged to ring in to register any absences - because it could affect their Quality Council Status.
The accolade, the first in East Devon, is a new Government initiative to recognise Town and Parish Councils who prove that they are competent and professionally managed in a bid to raise standards.
Exmouth Town Council was the first Town/Parish in the East Devon District to gain the award and within the first 15 in the country - but the status is periodically reviewed.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors were reminded in the minutes dated September 7: "If you can not attend please telephone in your apologies as non-attendance and no apologies could affect future Quality Council applications.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year