Councillor 'no show' could affect Town Hall status
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to apologise for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council s future status as one of the best in the west.
A NO-SHOW by councillors who fail to 'apologise' for not attending crucial meetings could affect the town council's future status as one of the best in the west.
In the recent town council minutes, ward members were urged to ring in to register any absences - because it could affect their Quality Council Status.
The accolade, the first in East Devon, is a new Government initiative to recognise Town and Parish Councils who prove that they are competent and professionally managed in a bid to raise standards.
Exmouth Town Council was the first Town/Parish in the East Devon District to gain the award and within the first 15 in the country - but the status is periodically reviewed.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors were reminded in the minutes dated September 7: "If you can not attend please telephone in your apologies as non-attendance and no apologies could affect future Quality Council applications.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Ban and fine for speeding
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light