Councillor annoyed after bench stolen from Lympstone
THE VICE chairman of Lympstone Parish Council has expressed his anger after a new bench fitted at a site at Wotton Pound has been stolen. An annoyed Peter Acca believed the bench – which cost �550 of rate payers money – was taken sometime between May 21
THE VICE chairman of Lympstone Parish Council has expressed his anger after a new bench fitted at a site at Wotton Pound has been stolen.
An annoyed Peter Acca believed the bench - which cost �550 of rate payers' money - was taken sometime between May 21 and 25.
The bench had the words 'Lympstone Parish Council 2009' inscribed on the knee board.
Mr Acca said: "It has really annoyed me. I was in a state of disbelief when I discovered it had gone. The thing that annoys me is it was paid for using rate payers' money."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I put the bench out about three weeks ago and had to return with a generator to drill holes for the fixing brackets.
"I was away for a few days last week and didn't have time to bolt it down prior to going.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
"I loaded the generator in the van ready to do on my return. When driving past on Thursday late afternoon, I noticed it was missing."
Mr Acca said he returned to the area later in the day to have a look in the adjacent fields but there was no sign of it. "Somebody somewhere must know who has got it."
Anyone with information should call Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444.