Council plans street food for former Exmouth Fun Park site
PUBLISHED: 14:36 27 November 2017
District bosses say they are seeking a ‘high quality’ temporary food and drink operation on the former site of Exmouth Fun Park.
As previously reported, East Devon District Council (EDDC) has announced plans for temporary attractions on the site in Queen’s Drive, after ending the fun park’s lease after more then 40 years earlier this year.
Now, the council says it is seeking proposals from ‘experienced food festival operators’ able to provide ‘a variety of high quality, contemporary street food traders’.
The site will also feature an events space and a children’s play area.
The council says the attractions would start to be available from March 2018 through to at least September 2018, potentially covering the winter period into 2019 and with a ‘strong possibility’ of operating through the spring and summer season in 2019.
Cllr Philip Skinner, EDDC’s portfolio holder for economy and chairman of its Exmouth Regeneration Board, said: “The council said that it would make sure that the seafront was as active and welcoming as possible while development is carried out and that is what we are doing.
“Next year we want to give people new attractions and reasons to enjoy the seafront. “That includes not only new food and drink offers on the Queen’s Drive site, but also a new and free play park next year for visitor and resident families alike and a new event space for live performance, open air cinema and big screen sport events. Watch this space.”
EDDC says its deadline for applications is 12pm on December 8.