Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- Credit: Archant
A series of ‘Gala Week’ events are set to take place this summer after the annual spring time week of fundraisers was cancelled.
Organisers Budleigh Lions Club was hoping to hold Gala Week, traditionally held at the end of May, but the current coronavirus restrictions have forced a cancellation.
However, some of the events associated with the fundraising week may still take place in August.
The Lions Club is hoping to hold the ‘spot the stranger’ competition and the annual charity golf day as well as a pebble building contest which is one of the more popular events associated with Gala Week.
There will also be a walking treasure hunt and the annual duck race is scheduled to take place in September.
An open morning to organise next year’s Gala Week – which will contain two bank holidays for The Queen’s 75th anniversary - takes place at Budleigh Salterton Football Club on September 15 from 7pm.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 9 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 10 School’s bid to turn Budleigh into ‘town of sunflowers’