Conservative club to reopen
EXMOUTH Conservative Club will reopen in early March following damage from last month s blaze at Bargains Galore next door.
EXMOUTH Conservative Club will reopen in early March following damage from last month's blaze at Bargains Galore next door.
The office has been relocated to a portable cabin outside while conversion work to install temporary bar in the unscathed snooker room will begin in the middle of next week.
The bar, back room, function room, kitchen and office was severely damaged with holes in the floor and ceiling - it is expected the repairs will take at least six months.
But while damage to the 129-year-old club was extensive most of the trophies, awards and all the records dating back to 1881 were saved.
Mr Pike said: "We are endeavouring to enlighten our members about the situation.
"We are going to call a members meeting soon...but at the moment we do not have anything to tell them When we do we will call a meeting."
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 4 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Police asking for help in reducing demand this summer
- 10 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
Although he does not have an exact date once the club is reopened members will have to access the club via Sheppard's Row next to to the timber merchants to the rear.
He added: "We are still holding functions thanks to the RAFA Club and Bingo on Thursdays.
"I would urge members to come along or else their membership will lapse.
"We are still accepting new members."
The latest on the club's reopening will be carried in the pages of the Journal.
The club dinner, booked at The Pavilion for February 26, is still going ahead.