Concerts start at Glenorchy and more news
Lunctime concerts have started at Glenorchy United Reformed Church, in Exmouth. Read this and more news.
CONCERTS: Glenorchy United Reformed Church is holding a series of lunchtime concerts.
The performers will be: October 26, John Walthew and Josephine Pickering; November 2, David Lee and David Southerns; November 9, Mary O’Shea and John Scarfe.
All concerts begin at 12.30pm, with tea and coffee from 12 noon. Admission is free.
You may also want to watch:
COUNCIL TAX: East Devon District Council is to find out if it can create temporary council tax bands for benefits claimants whose homes are new and yet to be assessed by the Valuation Office Agency.
It follows five claims that took more than 90 days to determine, affecting the council’s benefit performance in June.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
PLAN: Manor Lodge residential home in Portland Avenue has town council backing to extend the second floor. District planners will make the final decision.