Concert band brings pleasure
I am writing to comment on a recent article about the Exmouth Town Concert Band as someone who receives a great deal of pleasure from their concerts, both in The Manor Gardens and at The Pavilion.
I was most upset to read that someone had complained about them, especially about the march that was commissioned in Keith Whittall’s memory, which they play at every concert.
I, like everyone else, I am sure, was very fond of Keith and he must have been a hard act to follow, but the present musical Director is doing an excellent job. He never fails to mention his predecessor at every concert and I, for one, will continue to support him and the band at every opportunity.
With regard to the band wanting to replace some of its older members with younger ones, Keith was a great advocate for encouraging the youngsters and, as far as I can see, it’s the mixture as before.
Mrs M Hole,
102 Elmfield Crescent, Exmouth.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 3 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 4 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 5 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 6 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate