Community effort raises funds to benefit Budleigh
Budleigh Salterton’s community is to benefit from funds raised to pay for the refurbishment of computer facilities at St Peter’s Primary School.
The generosity of guests attending Saturday’s Big Budleigh Ball resulted in the final amount being raised to fund the school’s new computer suite, writes Becca Gliddon.
The school needed to raise at least �15,000 to boost government funding – almost �3,500 was raised at the ball, which exceeded the target set by the school by �1,000.
Vicky Lewis, acting headteacher at St Peter’s, thanked ball organisers Trudie Burne and Jenny Tyrell, and the St Peter’s School Association, for making the event possible.
She said: “The event has raised the final amount that was needed to enable our children and the Budleigh community to be able to enjoy enhanced ICT facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“It has enabled the school to turn our vision for ICT into a reality and to secure the future of ICT in our school community for benefit of current and future generations.
“Our thanks go to the organisers of the Big Budleigh Ball and to all those that supported the event and also to all the pupils, staff, parents and members of the wider community who have donated money to make our new ICT suite possible.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
Organisers Trudie Burne and Jenny Tyrrell said they had been ‘overwhelmed’ by community support for the event.
The pair thanked all the sponsors and volunteers, who made the ball possible.
The new technology suite will be officially opened on Thursday, October 14.