Community college's new cricket kit
CRICKET fans who attend games will be no stranger to hearing the call of how s that directed at an umpire. But, if these words were used in the context of assessing a team s kit, staff and players at Exmouth Community College would probably respond by s
CRICKET fans who attend games will be no stranger to hearing the call of 'how's that' directed at an umpire.
But, if these words were used in the context of assessing a team's kit, staff and players at Exmouth Community College would probably respond by saying 'it's very good thanks'!
That is because the college has secured a new sponsorship deal with Ideal Cleaners, which has enabled the school team to secure it's first ever kit.
A spokesperson said: "The fantastic new strip makes a huge difference to the players and their opponents - making them look a lot more professional.
You may also want to watch:
"A big thank you from the college, players, and coach Mr Taylor, to Simon Leat of Ideal Cleaners for their kind sponsorship deal."
Meanwhile, the college is currently looking to purchase five nets to enable the school to coach cricket.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 8 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 9 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
And, the under 12s, 13s and 15s' teams have been making good progress in the Devon and East Devon Cup. Some of the players represent the county as well as their school side.