Comfort fund gets �1k
BUDLEIGH Salterton s Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
BUDLEIGH Salterton's Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
Saturday's event raised �1,051 for the residents' comfort fund, which helps pay for outings, activities, extra treats and facilities for the residents.
Shandford management committee chairman Richard Pike said the care home was 'indebted' to the community for its support.
He said: "It was a most successful occasion due the tremendous generosity of all our visitors and friends of Shandford.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a lovely setting with all the stalls laid out on the lawn and our large number of visitors enjoying the sunny afternoon.
"We are most grateful to everyone who helped us with the event - particularly the Budleigh Salterton Lions Club and our many volunteers and committee members who donated gifts for the raffle and our stalls.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards