Comfort fund gets �1k
BUDLEIGH Salterton s Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
BUDLEIGH Salterton's Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
Saturday's event raised �1,051 for the residents' comfort fund, which helps pay for outings, activities, extra treats and facilities for the residents.
Shandford management committee chairman Richard Pike said the care home was 'indebted' to the community for its support.
He said: "It was a most successful occasion due the tremendous generosity of all our visitors and friends of Shandford.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a lovely setting with all the stalls laid out on the lawn and our large number of visitors enjoying the sunny afternoon.
"We are most grateful to everyone who helped us with the event - particularly the Budleigh Salterton Lions Club and our many volunteers and committee members who donated gifts for the raffle and our stalls.
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award