Comfort fund gets �1k
BUDLEIGH Salterton s Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
BUDLEIGH Salterton's Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
Saturday's event raised �1,051 for the residents' comfort fund, which helps pay for outings, activities, extra treats and facilities for the residents.
Shandford management committee chairman Richard Pike said the care home was 'indebted' to the community for its support.
He said: "It was a most successful occasion due the tremendous generosity of all our visitors and friends of Shandford.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a lovely setting with all the stalls laid out on the lawn and our large number of visitors enjoying the sunny afternoon.
"We are most grateful to everyone who helped us with the event - particularly the Budleigh Salterton Lions Club and our many volunteers and committee members who donated gifts for the raffle and our stalls.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 5 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 9 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 10 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders