Comfort fund gets �1k
BUDLEIGH Salterton s Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
BUDLEIGH Salterton's Shandford Care Home raised more than �1,000, when scores of visitors flocked to its garden fete.
Saturday's event raised �1,051 for the residents' comfort fund, which helps pay for outings, activities, extra treats and facilities for the residents.
Shandford management committee chairman Richard Pike said the care home was 'indebted' to the community for its support.
He said: "It was a most successful occasion due the tremendous generosity of all our visitors and friends of Shandford.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a lovely setting with all the stalls laid out on the lawn and our large number of visitors enjoying the sunny afternoon.
"We are most grateful to everyone who helped us with the event - particularly the Budleigh Salterton Lions Club and our many volunteers and committee members who donated gifts for the raffle and our stalls.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis