Colyton photography competition results announced
A YOUNG picture snapper from Budleigh Salterton has won two prizes in a photography competition.
Ten-year-old Joss Motley-Nash gained first place in both the town and countryside categories in the 2010 photography contest.
Ten-year-old Joss Motley-Nash, from Budleigh Salterton, gained first place in both the town and countryside categories in the town’s 2010 photography contest.
More than 200 photos were submitted into the competition which took place during the summer. A panel of judges met for more than three hours last Thursday, October 7, to determine the results.
Other notable achievers included John Lees, from Knutsford, who was the overall winner; John Hibberd, from Whitford, scooped first prize in the adult, people section and Charlie Pym, 15, from Dalwood won in the youth, people category.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the competition said: “The (judges) choice was not easy as there was a huge range of quality pictures covering a range of subjects and places.
“The majority focused on the beauties of Colyton and the surrounding area.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
An exhibition of the prize-winning entries and a selection of the other pictures may be viewed at a special event at The Studio this Saturday, October 16, between 5pm and 7pm.
For more information, call Richard Nash from The Studio on (01297) 552277.
The full list of competition winners were as follows: Overall winner: John Lees, Knutsford; Adult, people: John Hibberd, Whitford; Adult, town: David Gray, Axminster; Adult, countryside: Timothy White, Colyton.
Adult, events: Philip Hutt, Colyton; Adult, mysterious: John Hibberd, Colyton; Youth, people: Charlie Pym, Dalwood; Youth, town: Joss Motley-Nash, Budleigh Salterton; Youth, countryside: Joss Motley-Nash, Budleigh Salterton; Youth, events: Louise Jenkins, Colyton.