Man treated for smoke inhalation in Colyton kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 10:15 03 December 2017

Archant

Fire fighters called to Colyton fire after being alerted by fire alarm on Saturday

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at Colyton yesterday (Saturday).

A Colyton fire crew was called out just after 5pm to St Andrews Orchard following reports of a fire alarm sounding.

They found a man suffering from smoke inhalation and called for an ambulance, treating the casualty with oxygen while waiting for paramedics to arrive.

They discovered a small fire in the kitchen involving cooking and made the area safe.

The man was left in the care of South Western Ambulance Service paramedics.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal