Colony wants Ian permanently
My wife and I were walking down our road, Egremont Road, in The Colony in Exmouth. A gentleman was coming the other way, cleaning the road. He smiled as we reached him and said Good morning , to which we responded.
My wife and I were walking down our road, Egremont Road, in The Colony in Exmouth. A gentleman was coming the other way, cleaning the road. He smiled as we reached him and said "Good morning", to which we responded.
I then congratulated him on the job he was doing, saying that The Colony looked so much better since he had been working there. He thanked me and said he really enjoyed the job, but that it was for only six months.
I was a little taken aback and asked him why? He said he had been employed for only the six months. He would like it to be regular but that was the employment offer.
So, now the point I make is this. We have a very pleasant gentleman, and I emphasise "GENTLEMAN", who is willing to do a job that needs to be done continually. The rubbish appears all year round, not just in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
We pay our rates, or whatever they are now called, all year round. So, I ask the powers that be, why Ian Conn cannot serve the people of The Colony all year round, not just for the summer months.
It is more than likely that his clearing of the rubbish will stop it getting into the drains, causing blockages and heavy rain flooding some houses in The Colony and adjacent roads, as it did quite recently.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
Could I ask those in a position to do something about it, to do just that?
A and E A Smith,
30 Egremont Road, Exmouth.