Just to add our view to your item on the poor state of The Colony since the change to refuse collection.
Most of the kerbside is very narrow, which makes it dangerous for elderly, disabled, people with pushchairs/prams to avoid the bins which are sometimes left out on a permanent basis.
The area has become very untidy and messy.
As someone who suffers from arthritis and back pain, I am concerned that the poor men who collect the recycling boxes are heading for back injuries with the way they manoeuvre the recycling boxes. Isn’t there a better way for them to be moved and emptied?
To add insult to injury, the original bins issued by EDDC have still not been collected from the service road behind Woodville Road.
Audrey and Alan Collard
Woodville Road, formerly Rosebery Road.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach