Colaton Raleigh's motor worries
MOTORISTS speeding and parking - were identified as areas of concern at Colaton Raleigh s partners and communities together meeting. Both issues were set as priorities to try to resolve. PACT initiatives are a method by which the police and partner ag
MOTORISTS speeding and parking - were identified as areas of concern at Colaton Raleigh's partners and communities' together meeting.
Both issues were set as priorities to try to resolve.
PACT initiatives are a method by which the police and partner agencies engage with community members to identify and work on matters which affect people from the area.
Sarah Trayhurn, police community support officer, said the neighbourhood team had been carrying our regular speed checks in the area at peak traffic times.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "With the help of the Exeter traffic department, speed checks have also been carried out at night to deter speeders.
"This has proved successful and we have received positive feedback from residents."
- 1 LED venues set out plans for reopening on roadmap out of lockdown
- 2 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 7 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 8 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 9 Budleigh Male Voice Choir resuming in-person rehearsals
- 10 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
Sarah said parking on white lines near the Church Road and Hawkerland Road junctions reduced visibility for drivers pulling out.
She explained: "In the near future we will be looking at improving this problem, first by ways of education and if it continues, by way of a more positive approach.
"I am aware that parking is at a premium in rural villages but these are particularly difficult junctions and the aim is to ensure residents are able to access and exit the village safely.