Colaton Raleigh coffee morning raises funds for Storybook Dads
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A coffee morning held in Colaton Raleigh has raised vital funds for a charity looking to help maintain a connection between imprisoned parents and their children.
The village’s focus club raised more than £800 for Storybook Dads, which is its chosen charity for 2018.
The organisation encourages imprisoned parents to create a bedtime story on a disc as a way of maintaining a connection with their children.
A spokesman for the club thanked everyone who supported the ‘very happy’ event.
The club has arranged an extra meeting for June, with Maggy Duffy giving a talk entitled ‘Devon Historical and Hysterical – Songs and Tales of Past Devon Life’.
You may also want to watch:
She was due to give the talk in March, but it was postponed due to snow .
The talk will now take place at the village hall from 7.30pm on Monday, June 18.
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 7 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 10 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
Visitors are welcome and non-members will be charged £2 entry.