Coffee raises cash for charity
A coffee morning and table top sale held by Budleigh Salterton’s branch of Age Concern raised more than �300 for the cause.
A spokesman for the Budleigh branch of Age Concern hailed the event a success, saying the �327 raised would go towards day care and the Lunch Club.
The chairman and the committee are keen to recruit new volunteers willing to spare a few hours helping out each week.
New clients are also welcome.
“Currently, Age Concern Budleigh Salterton is looking for more clients, new volunteers and for a trustee, the spokesman said: “Being a volunteer might involve giving half a day per week between 10am and 4pm, to care for and entertain elderly clients.”
You may also want to watch:
No previous experience is required.
To help, or to find out more, contact Jenny Tolcher or Stephanie Foster on (01395) 445510 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common