Coat retreived from River Exe in search for missing Bicton woman
- Credit: Archant
A coat has been found a retreived from the River Exe during the search for missing Irene McMullan who was last seen on Sunday (April 7) at her Bicton home
A coat has been retrieved from the River Exe during the search for a missing Bicton woman.
A piece of clothing was found at around 8.45am yesterday (Monday, April 8) during the search for the missing Irene McMullan, last seen on Sunday morning.
In a tweet, the National Police Air Service (NPAS) said: “Crew of aircraft located a coat in the River Exe recovered by Exmouth RNLI.”
According to the NPAS, which manages the police helicopters, there was no trace of a female.
Reports of a car entering the water on Monday prompted police and NPAS searches of the Exmouth Marina area.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain concerned for the welfare of Ms McMullan and say enquiries and searches are ongoing.
Anyone with information should ring 999 quoting log number 199 of April 7.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 8 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on