NCI Exmouth and the RNLI work together to raise tide table awareness
- Credit: Karen Goldby
Collaboration between Exmouth National Coastwatch institution (NCI) and The Water Safety Team at Exmouth lifeboat station has resulted in large print easy to access tide tables being placed in prominent locations along the beach and promenade.
This was prompted by the increase of tidal cuts offs recently to the east of Orcombe Point by those unfamiliar with the area.
The tables have been created by Zan Nye of NCI Exmouth and following discussions between the two organizations they will now be displayed not only outside Coastwatch house as previously but also in the following locations:
· The display cabinet on the Inshore Lifeboat house
· The south facing wall of Lifeboat station
· The window of the RNLI shop
· The rear of the lifeguard hut west of the lifeboat station
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands
· The front of the beach rescue building across the road from the lifeboat station
· The lifeguard hut at Orcombe point
· The café wall at Orcombe point
· On the rubbish bins before you go down the ramp to the beach at Orcombe Point
· At Sideshore by the serving hatch at the new Hangtime café
· On the wall of Edge Watersports
Zan said that she produced these timetables 'for the benefit of our local community and our visitors, to help ensure their safety as they walk around the beaches of Exmouth and around to Sandy Bay, as well as for our water users'.
The tables will be updated monthly and will include action to take in an emergency.
Anyone who sees somebody in danger or is in danger themselves should ring 999 or 112 and ask for the Coastguard.
NCI Exmouth is part of the UK Search and Rescue and is a Declared Asset of HM Coastguard .The lookout can be found above The Harbour View café on Queens Drive.
Volunteer watchkeepers are presently on duty from 8.30 – 18.30 seven days a week.
Please visit our website to find out more. www.exmouthcoastwatch.co.uk