I was interested to read in the Journal that plans are afoot to reopen the Railway Club, in Exmouth.
The last meeting of members was held in the autumn of 2009, when it was agreed that the premises in Victoria Road should be sold.
Authority was given to the committee to seek new premises and members were promised that they would be kept informed of progress being made.
In fact, your article provided the first information of any activity of the committee, whoever this may comprise.
Why has there been such silence and why haven’t members been given the opportunity to express their views?
You may also want to watch:
I suggest that an extraordinary general meeting should be called to enlist the support of members before more money is spent refurbishing our old building.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
4 Brookhayes Close, Exmouth,