I was interested to read in the Journal that plans are afoot to reopen the Railway Club, in Exmouth.
The last meeting of members was held in the autumn of 2009, when it was agreed that the premises in Victoria Road should be sold.
Authority was given to the committee to seek new premises and members were promised that they would be kept informed of progress being made.
In fact, your article provided the first information of any activity of the committee, whoever this may comprise.
Why has there been such silence and why haven’t members been given the opportunity to express their views?
I suggest that an extraordinary general meeting should be called to enlist the support of members before more money is spent refurbishing our old building.
- 1 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 2 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 3 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 4 How can you help Exmouth?
- 5 East Devon Weekend Football Results
- 6 'Child abuse cases happen locally, not just nationally...'
- 7 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 8 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
4 Brookhayes Close, Exmouth,