I was interested to read in the Journal that plans are afoot to reopen the Railway Club, in Exmouth.
The last meeting of members was held in the autumn of 2009, when it was agreed that the premises in Victoria Road should be sold.
Authority was given to the committee to seek new premises and members were promised that they would be kept informed of progress being made.
In fact, your article provided the first information of any activity of the committee, whoever this may comprise.
Why has there been such silence and why haven’t members been given the opportunity to express their views?
I suggest that an extraordinary general meeting should be called to enlist the support of members before more money is spent refurbishing our old building.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 5 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 6 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
- 10 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
4 Brookhayes Close, Exmouth,