Clitheroe Kid: can you help?
Can your readers help a group of OTR (Old Time Radio) enthusiasts preserve one of Britain s best loved radio comedies?
Can your readers help a group of OTR (Old Time Radio) enthusiasts preserve one of Britain's best loved radio comedies?
At the peak of its popularity in the 1960s, BBC's The Clitheroe Kid Radio Show, starring Jimmy Clitheroe, attracted 10 million listeners. Existing episodes are still aired today on BBC Radio 7.
The BBC retained only a small percentage of the shows made. Fortunately, with reel-to-reel and cassette recording in the home commonplace at this time, they may still exist.
If you have any such recordings, please contact me. They could be the only surviving copy of an episode. A similar appeal last year proved very successful.
You may also want to watch:
29 Main Street,
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter