Christmas message opportunity for armed forces
RELATIVES and friends of people in the armed forces are being offered the chance to send Christmas messages to loved ones serving overseas at a reduced price. Audio company Celebration messages has decided to offer a discount on its CDs and MP3s which can
RELATIVES and friends of people in the armed forces are being offered the chance to send Christmas messages to loved ones serving overseas at a reduced price.
Audio company Celebration messages has decided to offer a discount on its CDs and MP3s which can contain up to an hour of personal messages in time for Christmas Day.
Jeff Trail, honorary secretary of the Exmouth branch of the Royal Marine Association, said: "For someone serving overseas it is a great moral booster to receive such a gift.
"They value everybody's support whilst they are away on operations and do not stop enjoying Christmas."
The service normally costs �29.99 but Celebration Messages are offering people the chance to fill up a 72 minute CD for �15.
Danny Cox, who works for Celebration Messages, said he was really excited by the CD and MP3 project for the armed forces.
- 1 Re-surfacing work in Exmouth street branded an 'absolute mess'
- 2 Transforming Exmouth’s seafront into a collaborative canvas
- 3 Lifeboats launched after accidental emergency call
- 4 Exmouth Youth Theatre set to rock Exmouth Pavillion
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 9 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 10 Happy bowling birthday to John Anderson
He added: "I'm just imagining the troops getting their CD's or MP3's on Christmas morning in Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere that our forces are serving.
"I know the troops get a chance to call home - but this goes one step further. We usually do this for weddings, work leaving do's or birthdays, but there's no reason this can't be just as popular with our servicemen and women.