Christmas is a religious time!
A reader of The Daily Telegraph wrote to say how lovely are the stamps for Christmas this year, which prompted me to write as follows.
A reader of The Daily Telegraph wrote to say how lovely are the stamps for Christmas this year, which prompted me to write as follows. This was printed on November 6, but as follows:
"Sir - When this year's Christmas stamps became available, I, too, hastened to buy a supply (Letters, November 6). To my astonishment, the young girl at the post office declared: 'I am so sorry but there are only religious ones available'. 'I should jolly well think so', I replied.
You may also want to watch:
There are, of course, several post offices within Devon's largest town. I equally hasten to add that The Daily Telegraph omitted to print "... at my local Withycombe Village Post Office..."
For accuracy, this should be rectified.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
On a separate related matter, it is such a shame our Christmas stamps (ready most surely) are never sold in time for overseas surface mail. Royal Mail steadfastedly refuses to answer why. I can only assume it wishes to protect the higher air mail revenue. This is such a shame because overseas children collectors miss out especially.
222 Withycombe Village Road,