Sister of Call the Midwife author releases second book of her own
- Credit: Phillip Greenhow
An Otterton author’s latest book about new life and renewal is now available.
Christine Lee’s book Dare to Dance comes on the back of her first release The Midwife’s Sister which was about her sister Jennifer Worth, who wrote Call the Midwife.
In her latest book, its heroine Iris, an elderly lady, is in hospital recovering from a hip renewal. Her husband has also been placed in a home. So life appears to offer her nothing but loneliness, leading to an inevitable end.
She extracts her husband from his nursing home, and money from her bank manager, and the reunited couple set forth to Paris, making new friends en route.
After buying new clothes and enjoying French food in Paris, they are joined by her son, also looking to start again after a redundancy and a divorce.
In the south of France, they acquire a rundown farm - restoring it with many adventures and the help of locals.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands