Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir concert in East Budleigh
- Credit: Contributed
Singers will perform WW1 songs as part of East Budleigh’s commemoration weekend
A performance by the hugely popular Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir is among the events taking place in East Budleigh to mark the centenary of the end of the First World War.
The choir will perform songs from the WW1 period and the audience will be invited to sing along, in the concert on Saturday, November 10 at 4.30pm at East Budleigh Village Hall.
The weekend is packed with centenary events. On Saturday there is an exhibition in the village hall, including a display of children’s poppies. In the afternoon there are two presentations on the First World War, prior to the concert.
Sunday sees a Remembrance Day service in All Saints Church, and another at the War Memorial. Later the mood lightens with a celebratory afternoon tea and the chance to dance to classic WW1 tunes and more modern numbers. People are invited to come along in period dress.
You may also want to watch:
At 7pm East Budleigh joins the national ‘lights on’ commemorations with candle lighting in the church and the bells ringing out to celebrate the end of hostilities 100 years ago.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year