Children’s competition to celebrate Royal Wedding
AN Exmouth Market stallholder is running a competition for primary school children to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
Kim Brady, of Sweet Temptations, is asking children to come up with a design for a Royal Wedding invitation.
The winner will receive a �5 voucher for the stall, and will have their invitation sent to the Royal Family.
Kim got the idea for the competition after her daughter sent a picture she had drawn to Buckingham Palace.
Kim said: “My daughter drew a picture of herself with the Queen, so we posted it in an envelope addressed to ‘The Queen, Buckingham Palace’. “Two months later we got a letter back from the Queen saying how much she liked the picture, and the letter is now pinned to my daughter’s bedroom wall
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to do this competition because I thought that prize would mean much more to a child than money.”
Sweet Temptations has the entry forms. The closing date is April 23.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter