Children climbing on war memorial
Is this really what we are going to have to put up with? Adults and children climbing on the war memorial -what happened to respect?
So much money has been spent on updating The Strand, lots of extra seating, but people still feel the need to climb all over our memorial.
I think it is totally disgraceful and, as for hearing that there is talk of fencing it off, why?
It has never needed it before; it’s such a vast open space now, but with nothing for the children to do.
Where is the grass they used to be able to play on?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 9 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels