Child Centre opens
PARENTS and toddlers can now take advantage of a range of free services at a new �450,000 purpose-built children s centre, unveiled at Marpool School yesterday.
PARENTS and toddlers can now take advantage of a range of free services at a new �450,000 purpose-built children's centre, unveiled at Marpool School yesterday.
Opened by county council chairman John Berry, the centre complements services already established at Exeter Road Primary School.
The centre houses ante-natal and breastfeeding services, messy play sessions and baby massage, and parenting, healthy eating and counselling programmes. It is is part of a multi-million pound investment programme by the council to develop 43 centres to provide support for children up to five and their families.
They will offer positive ways of learning, healthy lifestyle and spotting early problems which may affect a child later in life.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager Rachel Loram said: "People are welcome to pop along and find out more. Children's centres are for all families with young children and we offer a range of activities, including a popular group for dads every Saturday, as well as some evening activities."
Exmouth county councillor Brenda Taylor said: "I am sure it will be a boon to families. I will be donating some of my community budget towards trees and shrubs for a sensory garden."
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
The centre is managed for the council by The Children's Society.