Charity to provide Exmouth holidays and more news.
Exeter-based charity Dream-A-Way is celebrating a grant, which will enable the group to fund a holiday home for the disabled in Exmouth. Read this and more.
DREAM HOLIDAYS: Exeter-based charity Dream-A-Way is celebrating a grant, which will enable the group to fund a holiday home for the disabled in Exmouth.
The charity has been awarded a �6,000 cash hand-out in the NatWest Community Force Challenge 2011.
Dream-A-Way chairman Jeff Merrett said: “Our grant will be used towards the funding of a new, specially-adapted holiday home at Sandy Bay, which will bring delight to many families with disabilities, for years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
COASTGUARD ALERT: Reports a boat had run aground at Exmouth in the early hours of Saturday, November 26, sparked a search by the town’s coastguards. Exmouth coastguard rescue officers were tasked shortly before 3.30am, but found nothing.
A Portland coastguard spokesman said: “Exmouth coastguard rescue officers investigated a report from a concerned member of the public that an unidentified vessel had run aground in the River Exe. A search was carried out, but nothing untoward was found.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city