Charity cycle for Topsham
An all day charity cycling event is coming to Topsham.
The first annual Darts Farm Cycle Sunday, sponsored by Ashfords Solicitors, is being held on September 18, from 10am to 4pm, to raise money for the BBC Devon Air Ambulance Appeal and Hospiscare.
The day’s main attraction will be charity rides along the Exe Estuary cycle trail, where cyclists will be able to choose to cycle to Exton, Lympstone or Exmouth, depending on their abilities.
Although most cyclists will start from Darts Farm, residents from Exton, Lympstone and Exmouth can start from those marshalling stations if they wish.
At the farm itself, there will be a series of mountain bike races for adults and children, a display by trials bike rider and world record holder Andrei Burton, and a variety of other games and entertainment, including a tweed fancy dress competition.
You may also want to watch:
Darts Farm’s Michael Dart said: “Cycling is a fantastic, healthy family activity, that gets people outdoors and having fun, and the recent opening of the Exe Estuary Cycle Trail has linked Darts Farm to the lovely riverside villages and towns located along the Exe Estuary.”
Entry for the ride costs �4 for adults, �2 for under-16s, and is free for under-threes if registering in advance, with a �1 surcharge for all ages if registering on the day, which must be done by 2pm.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
All entrants will also receive a Darts Farm goodie bag, treasure hunt and certificate.
Bike hire will also be available for the day, although this should be pre-booked to avoid disappointment.