Characters’ still very much alive
Roger Stokes item about Woodbury s Doctor Squires made wonderful reading, but I beg to differ on one of his points.
Roger Stokes' item about Woodbury's Doctor Squires made wonderful reading, but I beg to differ on one of his points.
I wonder how many Exmothians remember the sterling service given to this town by PC Andrew Squires. He is a sergeant now, at Heavitree Police Station, and he once policed our town with great good humour, common sense, imagination and firmness.
Hugely popular, winner of a number of awards in respect of his service to the community, Andy is a real chip off the old block. A real 'character', just like his late, beloved father, who once reigned supreme in the old Tin Shed.
The breed to which Roger refers is still very much alive, I am very glad to say.
75 Egremont Road, Exmouth.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 3 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 4 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 7 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 8 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 9 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 10 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness