Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- Credit: Archant
Changes to polling station for upcoming elections have been announced to allow for social distancing and other safety measures.
East Devon District Council said the changes have been made to ensure everyone can use a polling station in a Covid-secure way.
In Exmouth, voters who previously used Holy Ghost Church will now vote at Ocean, while those whose polling station was at All Saints Church will now visit Exmouth Town FC.
Registered voters are set to go to the polls on Thursday, May 6, for a number of elections including Devon County Council and the Police and Crime Commissioner.
There are also two town council vacancies for town councillors in Exmouth for the Littleham and Town wards. There are also seven vacancies for parish councillors in Lympstone.
People can apply for a postal or Proxy vote by obtaining an application form by ringing 01395 or emailing email@example.com.
The deadline for postal applications is Tuesday, April 20 form proxy, forms must be returned by Tuesday, April 27.
For more information, visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/elections
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands