Celebrity model Jodie Kidd visits Exmouth
CELEBRITY model Jodie Kidd visited Exmouth this week to learn how to kite surf. The model and TV personality was being filmed last Tuesday, June 9, having kite surfing lessons on the Exe Estuary and Imperial Recreation Ground for an upcoming BBC programme
CELEBRITY model Jodie Kidd visited Exmouth this week to learn how to kite surf.
The model and TV personality was being filmed last Tuesday, June 9, having kite surfing lessons on the Exe Estuary and Imperial Recreation Ground for an upcoming BBC programme.
The 31-year-old, 6ft 2in in height, was given lessons from Steph Bridge, a world kite surfing champion, from Exmouth business Edge Watersports.
Steph's husband, Eric, said it was an honour to have the celebrity come to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"It was fantastic to be asked by the BBC to give Jodie the lessons. It was great exposure for the business and for Exmouth as a destination for kite surfing.
"I think Jodie had a great time, though, it was a bit of a shame she did not have longer out there because she seemed to want more."
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
The BBC was filming a series of clips for the show of which kite surfing will make up one element. The programme will also places an emphasis on the Devon and Dorset countryside and Jurassic Coast.
Jodie, a fan of sport, will compete in the Great Swim Series, the UK's largest open-water swimming event, on 19 June.
Born in Surrey, media interest in the model increased when she took part in the 2008 Strictly Come Dancing contest.