Celebrating the harvest
EXMOUTH Baptist Church is celebrating harvest with some traditional hymns, an all-age activity and a harvest display.
This year, the goods on display will be donated to the Okehampton Food Bank, which is run by Okehampton Baptist Church.
The Food Bank provides individuals and families in crisis, with basic emergency food supplies for three days.
The minister at Okehampton, Reverend Darren Pike, who was previously a member at Exmouth Baptist Church, said: “We are grateful to Exmouth Baptist Church for including Okehampton Food Bank in their harvest celebrations.
“The problems that the Food Bank deals with are very real problems in any community.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not just single parents or homeless people that suffer food poverty - it could be anyone, even your neighbour. In this time of cuts, we find more and more people turning up at our door. These gifts will make real difference.”
All are invited to join in at Victoria Road, Exmouth, on Sunday, September 19, at 10.30am.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall