Celebrating one hundred years
Did you know Thorntons has been making delicious chocolates for hundred years? In fact, their very first shop was opened in Sheffield by travelling confectioner Joseph William Thornton in October 1911, who handed the keys to his teenage sons Norman and Stanley and said: “Make this the best sweet shop in town!” Well, they didn’t do a bad job, did they?
Thorntons is now seen by the great British public as the ultimate chocolate treat on the High Street. With over 600 stores across the UK, everyone has their favourite Thorntons chocolate.
Thorntons famous Continental chocolates and Special Toffee are still as popular as ever, and new brands such as such as Moments, Melts and Classics are also new customer favourites.
Everyone at Thorntons is excited to be celebrating 100 years of creating delicious chocolates but what the next 100 years holds is an even more exciting prospect.
The Exmouth Journal has teamed up with Thorntons shop in Exmouth at 23 Rolle Street, (01395) 263147, to offer one lucky reader the chance to win the delicious chocolate feast pictured here .
You may also want to watch:
n To enter the competition, simply answer the following question: When was Thorntons chocolates started?
Send your answer on a postcard, along with your name, address and telephone number, to: Thorntons competition, Features Editor, Archant South West, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
Answers must be received by Friday, August 12. Editors decision final.