Celebrating one hundred years
Did you know Thorntons has been making delicious chocolates for hundred years? In fact, their very first shop was opened in Sheffield by travelling confectioner Joseph William Thornton in October 1911, who handed the keys to his teenage sons Norman and Stanley and said: “Make this the best sweet shop in town!” Well, they didn’t do a bad job, did they?
Thorntons is now seen by the great British public as the ultimate chocolate treat on the High Street. With over 600 stores across the UK, everyone has their favourite Thorntons chocolate.
Thorntons famous Continental chocolates and Special Toffee are still as popular as ever, and new brands such as such as Moments, Melts and Classics are also new customer favourites.
Everyone at Thorntons is excited to be celebrating 100 years of creating delicious chocolates but what the next 100 years holds is an even more exciting prospect.
The Exmouth Journal has teamed up with Thorntons shop in Exmouth at 23 Rolle Street, (01395) 263147, to offer one lucky reader the chance to win the delicious chocolate feast pictured here .
n To enter the competition, simply answer the following question: When was Thorntons chocolates started?
Send your answer on a postcard, along with your name, address and telephone number, to: Thorntons competition, Features Editor, Archant South West, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 4 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Police asking for help in reducing demand this summer
- 10 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
Answers must be received by Friday, August 12. Editors decision final.