Cash pot for village halls
COMMUNITIES and villages like Littleham, Brixington and Lympstone could be in line for cash to upgrade their village halls and community centres.
If communal buildings are in need of renovation or repair now residents can apply for grants of up to �23,000.
The money comes from East Devon District Council and the Community Council of Devon’s County Grants Scheme.
However one of the conditions is that there must be match funding already secured of at least twice the amount of the grant.
This could be from another grant or from community fundraising efforts – so for funding of �23,000 a community would have to provide �46,000 from elsewhere.
An EDDC spokesman said: “Is your village hall or community centre in need of renovation or repair? Is the heating system getting old, or does the roof need replacing?
“Submissions have to be in by 30 November 2010, so start thinking now about the improvements you would like to make.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
“With EDDC providing up to �3,000 and the Community Council of Devon up to �20,000 for individual projects, it’s time to act to ensure you don’t miss out.”
To find out how to make an application, go to: www.devonrcc.org.uk/page/village_halls.php or for more information phone; (01392) 383 443.