Cash on chairs well spent
REGARDING your article in last week’s Budleigh Journal about the complaint that the town council is spending taxpayers’ money on chairs for the Public Hall.
I have a lot of time for Roger Bowen; he organises a good festival. This time, however, he is totally out of order and out of touch. He should clearly use the hall more and do a bit of physical work moving the chairs about and perhaps sit on them for longer.
I, and a huge number of others, totally support the purchase of new chairs and the fact that we can also support local industry is brilliant.
Well done the mayor, Councillor Tom Wright, for defending the decision!
You may also want to watch:
6 Long Copp,
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter