Carnival club set for bumper year
FUNDRAISING efforts by the town s carnival club saw them collect over �6,000 in last year - and 2009 could be their best yet.
FUNDRAISING efforts by the town's carnival club saw them collect over �6,000 in last year - and 2009 could be their best yet.
Julie Meredith of Budleigh Salterton Carnival Club said that their efforts were up �1,000 on last year and they have donated �2,100 of that sum to good causes - and had enough to buy a mini-bus and have money left over.
She said: "I think everyone would agree that the bus was a good buy, it has made trips to carnivals easier and more enjoyable."
And she added their float, Showbiz Sparkle, was one of their 'best ever' entries, costing �1,000 to make and run, with a return of �738.50 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
"The highlight for me in 2008 was of course Bridgwater Carnival," she said. "I nearly burst with pride as we joined the very large procession of very large floats.
"We were made so welcome throughout the day.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 School’s bid to turn Budleigh into ‘town of sunflowers’
"We feel pleased with the results and hopefully we can make 2009 our best yet.