Car parks in the dark
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton s car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council s carbon foot print.
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton's car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council's carbon foot print.
The timers were reset so East Devon District Council's car parks had the lighting turned off from 11am until 6am.
The lights then came on again for a brief time until it got light, then went off until it got dark in the evening.
In all, 39 car parks were part late evening switch-off.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the move follows a successful trial in the Land of Canaan and Hind Street car parks in Ottery St Mary, which has been running since November 2008.
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Repair cafe opens again
- 3 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell
- 10 Panto favourite will fly back to UK for show date with Snow White