Car parks in the dark
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton s car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council s carbon foot print.
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton's car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council's carbon foot print.
The timers were reset so East Devon District Council's car parks had the lighting turned off from 11am until 6am.
The lights then came on again for a brief time until it got light, then went off until it got dark in the evening.
In all, 39 car parks were part late evening switch-off.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the move follows a successful trial in the Land of Canaan and Hind Street car parks in Ottery St Mary, which has been running since November 2008.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 4 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 5 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year