Car parks in the dark
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton s car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council s carbon foot print.
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton's car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council's carbon foot print.
The timers were reset so East Devon District Council's car parks had the lighting turned off from 11am until 6am.
The lights then came on again for a brief time until it got light, then went off until it got dark in the evening.
In all, 39 car parks were part late evening switch-off.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the move follows a successful trial in the Land of Canaan and Hind Street car parks in Ottery St Mary, which has been running since November 2008.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer