Car parks in the dark
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton s car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council s carbon foot print.
EXMOUTH and Budleigh Salterton's car parks were left in the dark this week as part of a new scheme to save cash and improve the district council's carbon foot print.
The timers were reset so East Devon District Council's car parks had the lighting turned off from 11am until 6am.
The lights then came on again for a brief time until it got light, then went off until it got dark in the evening.
In all, 39 car parks were part late evening switch-off.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the move follows a successful trial in the Land of Canaan and Hind Street car parks in Ottery St Mary, which has been running since November 2008.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows