Car enthusiast from Topsham has died
A WELL-known car enthusiast from Topsham has died. Wilfred William Pretty, of Pretty s Garage, died suddenly on Saturday, October 17, having suffered from an aneurism. The 82-year-old leaves his wife, Jean, three children, Karen, Lisa and Philip, and six
A WELL-known car enthusiast from Topsham has died.
Wilfred William Pretty, of Pretty's Garage, died suddenly on Saturday, October 17, having suffered from an aneurism.
The 82-year-old leaves his wife, Jean, three children, Karen, Lisa and Philip, and six grandchildren, Melissa; Anthony, Joanne, Martin, Steven and Becky.
Scores of Topsham residents who knew Wilfred visited the garage, where he worked for more than 50 years, to offer their condolences last week to the Pretty family.
You may also want to watch:
Wife Jean said: "He will be sorely missed. While working at the garage, he was appreciated by people. They could come in and ask him things without worrying about their cars."
Praised for being a devoted family man, sadly, she added: "There is a great grandchild due to be born and he would have loved to have been alive to see that."
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 10 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
Son Philip said his customers would call him a 'cheeky chappy' especially some of the ladies.
"One woman came in yesterday and she didn't know he had died.
"I told her what happened and she said 'well, you come in her and he'd either cheer you up or you were verbally abused in a nice way.'
"He was a family man and would do anything for you."
Wilfred's funeral took place at the Exeter and Devon Crematorium last Tuesday, November 3.