Car crashes into Lympstone pub - four taken to hospital
PUBGOERS had a lucky escape after a car crashed into the conservatory of the Saddlers Arms in Lympstone. A Toyota Hiace people carrier collided with the conservatory after pulling into the pub car park at around 6pm on Thursday, September 24. It is believ
PUBGOERS had a lucky escape after a car crashed into the conservatory of the Saddlers Arms in Lympstone.
A Toyota Hiace people carrier collided with the conservatory after pulling into the pub car park at around 6pm on Thursday, September 24.
It is believed the vehicle then throttle locked, reversed and hit the building again.
Three people were sat in the Saddlers Arms at the time - no more than three metres away from being hit by the car.
You may also want to watch:
Police, paramedics and a fire crew attended the scene.
Staff from Devon and Somerset fire service assisted paramedics in removing the driver from the vehicle and made the area safe.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
The three people who were sat in the conservatory sustained glass injuries and, as well as the driver, were all taken to hospital.
Joanna Borrie, landlady at the Saddlers Arms, said she was shocked by the incident.
"It is likely that thousands of pounds worth of damage has been caused. I think it could have affected the end structure of the conservatory."
PC Matt Helm, from Exmouth police, said the incident was not being treated as suspicious.