Car crashes into Lympstone pub - four taken to hospital
PUBGOERS had a lucky escape after a car crashed into the conservatory of the Saddlers Arms in Lympstone. A Toyota Hiace people carrier collided with the conservatory after pulling into the pub car park at around 6pm on Thursday, September 24. It is believ
PUBGOERS had a lucky escape after a car crashed into the conservatory of the Saddlers Arms in Lympstone.
A Toyota Hiace people carrier collided with the conservatory after pulling into the pub car park at around 6pm on Thursday, September 24.
It is believed the vehicle then throttle locked, reversed and hit the building again.
Three people were sat in the Saddlers Arms at the time - no more than three metres away from being hit by the car.
You may also want to watch:
Police, paramedics and a fire crew attended the scene.
Staff from Devon and Somerset fire service assisted paramedics in removing the driver from the vehicle and made the area safe.
- 1 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 4 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 5 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 8 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 9 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 10 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
The three people who were sat in the conservatory sustained glass injuries and, as well as the driver, were all taken to hospital.
Joanna Borrie, landlady at the Saddlers Arms, said she was shocked by the incident.
"It is likely that thousands of pounds worth of damage has been caused. I think it could have affected the end structure of the conservatory."
PC Matt Helm, from Exmouth police, said the incident was not being treated as suspicious.