Cannabis factory discovered in Exmouth
Exmouth police discovered a cannabis factory in a home in Charles Street after a tip-off from the public. The terraced home was just yards away from the police station
Officers stormed a four-bedroom home in Charles Street following a tip-off from a member of the public.
Hundreds of cannabis plants, found growing in every room, were removed from the terraced home.
The police arrested a man in Belvedere Road shortly after entering the Charles Street property.
Detective sergeant Jo Hall said public help had resulted in the successful raid.
You may also want to watch:
DS Hall said: “If a member of the public comes forward and gives information to the police, we will act on it.
“We would like to thank the public for coming forward and giving us information.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 6 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
Officers removed the plants after obtaining a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
This warrant was carried out on Saturday morning by officers from Exmouth CID and the targeted policing team.
The police forced the front door to the property and found the whole house had been turned into a cannabis factory.
Officers said power lines within the home had been tampered with and engineers from Western Power were called to make the property safe.
DS Hall said: “The electricity had been dangerously altered by the occupants and officers from Western Power were asked to attend to make the premises safe for police officers to enter.
“Due to the danger posed by the electricity supply and the size of the hydroponics set up, officers spent a number of hours within the premises following which a large number of cannabis plants were seized.”
In 2009 two cannabis factories were discovered in homes in Exmouth, in Madeira Villas and Victoria Road.