Candle power for IFOs
I THINK I have an answer to the UFO sightings letters from your correspondents. On New Year s Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up lamp
I THINK I have an answer to the 'UFO sightings' letters from your correspondents.
On New Year's Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up 'lamp shades' slowly spiralling up into the sky, fairly near us, one at a time. When they got up to a certain height they shot off in a southerly direction at high speed. One of our group said that they were small hot air balloons with a flame such as a lamp or candle for heating the air, making them rise. People send them off on special occasions and it's fairly new in this country.
There must have been a fairly high speed head wind that night causing the 'objects' to shoot across the sky.
I think that they are IFOs not UFOs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 7 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 8 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 9 Budleigh Music Festival announces return line-up
- 10 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café