Candle power for IFOs
I THINK I have an answer to the UFO sightings letters from your correspondents. On New Year s Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up lamp
I THINK I have an answer to the 'UFO sightings' letters from your correspondents.
On New Year's Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up 'lamp shades' slowly spiralling up into the sky, fairly near us, one at a time. When they got up to a certain height they shot off in a southerly direction at high speed. One of our group said that they were small hot air balloons with a flame such as a lamp or candle for heating the air, making them rise. People send them off on special occasions and it's fairly new in this country.
There must have been a fairly high speed head wind that night causing the 'objects' to shoot across the sky.
I think that they are IFOs not UFOs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people