Candle power for IFOs
I THINK I have an answer to the UFO sightings letters from your correspondents. On New Year s Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up lamp
I THINK I have an answer to the 'UFO sightings' letters from your correspondents.
On New Year's Eve, neighbours and friends had gathered outside, in the Seymour Road area, to welcome in the New Year and we noticed what looked like very large lit up 'lamp shades' slowly spiralling up into the sky, fairly near us, one at a time. When they got up to a certain height they shot off in a southerly direction at high speed. One of our group said that they were small hot air balloons with a flame such as a lamp or candle for heating the air, making them rise. People send them off on special occasions and it's fairly new in this country.
There must have been a fairly high speed head wind that night causing the 'objects' to shoot across the sky.
I think that they are IFOs not UFOs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards