Cancope means you’re not alone
I WOULD like to publicly thank Jean and the other members of Exmouth s Cancope group for all their help and support, following my treatment and recovery from breast cancer. Cancope is a self-help breast cancer support group, which meets on the first Thurs
I WOULD like to publicly thank Jean and the other members of Exmouth's Cancope group for all their help and support, following my treatment and recovery from breast cancer.
Cancope is a self-help breast cancer support group, which meets on the first Thursday every month, between 10.30am and noon.
The friendliness and sincerity of the group has been invaluable to me.
Although I am a positive person, it is reassuring to know that you are not alone, during what is a very worrying and stressful time. Others in the group have had similar experiences, so have been able to answer my questions immediately and in complete confidence.
There is life after cancer and I would encourage any women worrying about their diagnosis or treatment to contact Cancope for help. Information can be found at www.cancope.org.uk or phone Jean (the group leader) on (01395) 276314.
Finally, I would like to urge all eligible women to take the opportunity of using the mobile mammography screening van, which is currently in Tesco's car park. It is nothing to be afraid of, but it is important - and an early diagnosis could save your life!
- 1 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 2 New look Co-op store for East Devon town
- 3 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 4 Leisure centre team offers support for refugees in Exmouth
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
- 7 Exhibition celebrates artist's lifelong love affair with estuary
- 8 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
- 9 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 10 Remembering a teaching 'legend' who changed thousands of lives
3 The Paddock