Cancope means you’re not alone
I WOULD like to publicly thank Jean and the other members of Exmouth s Cancope group for all their help and support, following my treatment and recovery from breast cancer. Cancope is a self-help breast cancer support group, which meets on the first Thurs
I WOULD like to publicly thank Jean and the other members of Exmouth's Cancope group for all their help and support, following my treatment and recovery from breast cancer.
Cancope is a self-help breast cancer support group, which meets on the first Thursday every month, between 10.30am and noon.
The friendliness and sincerity of the group has been invaluable to me.
Although I am a positive person, it is reassuring to know that you are not alone, during what is a very worrying and stressful time. Others in the group have had similar experiences, so have been able to answer my questions immediately and in complete confidence.
You may also want to watch:
There is life after cancer and I would encourage any women worrying about their diagnosis or treatment to contact Cancope for help. Information can be found at www.cancope.org.uk or phone Jean (the group leader) on (01395) 276314.
Finally, I would like to urge all eligible women to take the opportunity of using the mobile mammography screening van, which is currently in Tesco's car park. It is nothing to be afraid of, but it is important - and an early diagnosis could save your life!
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
3 The Paddock