Can you help Exmouth Deaf Academy this summer?
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth’s new Deaf Academy is looking to recruit a group of volunteers to help out at several events being staged across the town this summer.
The academy wants fundraising volunteers to assist at ManorFest, at Manor Gardens, on May 3 to 5 and August 23 to 25, and the Exmouth Colour Run on Sunday, July 14.
Volunteers are also being sought at an open gardens event at Manor Lodge Residential Home on Saturday, July 20 and the Santa Sizzle on Saturday, December 7.
A spokesman for the Deaf Academy said: “You don’t have to have experience of deafness to volunteer. You may want to get involved, support the academy or simply meet some new people and have some fun.
“As a fundraising events volunteer you may be asked to distribute leaflets, collect donations, marshal, run an information stand, register participants, or hand out refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
“Whatever the role is we will make sure you are fully supported and your help really will make a difference.”
Visit newdeafacademy.org.uk/volunteer/ or call Shelley on 01392 267019 to register an interest.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson