Your article “Lib Dems’ power anger” (Journal, May 26) is nothing compared to the fact that the Lib Dems do not admit defeat.
It is true that, on the Exmouth Town Council, the Conservatives lead by one councillor. In a democracy, it is a fact that the majority rule and have the right to appoint who they wish.
It was my understanding that, after the voting, there was a substantial majority of Conservatives. To be just and fair, the actual numbers with the Town Hall were checked.
The figures show that 56 per cent of the votes were cast were for Conservative candidates, compared with 36 per cent for the Lib Dems. This clearly indicates that the majority of people who voted wanted a Conservative council.
So, to coin an apt phrase “Calm down, Lib Dems”. When the sun is shining, Exmouth’s sea is as blue as the Tories. Lib Dems stop behaving like spoilt children and give in to defeat graciously.
You may also want to watch:
222 Withycombe Village Road, Exmouth.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start